The Atheist Fool believes in lots of things. Just not God/s.
Here’s a not particularly exhaustive list:
1) Love. I love my partner. I love my children. I love my extended family. I believe they love me back. I don’t need to establish this by scientific inquiry. But it’s not blind faith, it’s what the evidence suggests. I believe I take pleasure in seeing them happy, I have hopes and dreams for them, and I infer from their actions towards me that they share the same feelings. Which brings me to…
2) Reality. I believe that I exist as a human being, and that I and the rest of humanity are part of an objective, physical reality. I believe I am “only” a human being – I was conceived, have lived, and will die, and there my consciousness will end, and I feel no sadness because of that.
3) Nature. I believe that natural explanations of our existence are the simplest, the best, and the most beautiful. I believe that supernatural explanations are unnecessary and superfluous, and that it adds nothing to our knowledge to give them any respectability.
4) The Golden Rule. I believe in treating others as you would wish others to treat you. I believe we evolved by living in societies where mutual cooperation and respect were absolutely necessary to survival, and that these values are no less important today.
5) Free speech. I believe there is little or no benefit to be gained from suppressing people expressing their beliefs. I believe that the best way to combat ideas that you disagree with is by reason and argument, fuelled by passion, logic and evidence. I believe that accepting that others have different ideals to yourself is essential for a free society to flourish.
Of course, as a practising Fool, all these ideas are subject to endless revision. Do let me know what you think.